Techno Metal Post Alaska LLC (“TMP AK”) offers the opportunity for our Licensed Contractors (“Customer”) to receive a discount on our P2 pier installations. We happily offer our professional customers a discounted price based on the assumption that they are ready for us and have planned ahead to allow us a more efficient installation. The discount is also contingent on a timely NET 15 payment from invoice date. If payments are made later than NET 15, the discount for all piers is revoked and the job is charged at full price (no exceptions). A job must have a total quantity of 4 P2 piers to be eligible for the discount.
It is the Customer’s responsibility to prepare in advance of our arrival to complete our work.
The “Contractors Discount” is dependent on the Licensed Contractor fulfilling all the terms of this agreement in its entirety as outlined below. This agreement is meant to be in effect for the current calendar year and is applicable to all jobs completed during the year.
- All scheduling is done via our online Schedule Request form on our website.
- Photos of the jobsite and access are required for each job. These can be uploaded when scheduling the work or emailed to the office at email@example.com.
- Design and engineering to be done by the Customer’s engineer (if applicable). TMP AK can refer you to an engineer if needed.
- Customer to provide building loads per pier, which allows TMP AK to install the piers to proper depths suitable for supporting the future structure.
- Customer to prepare and adequately plan for lateral stability of the future structure. TMP AK has no ability to know the lateral stability of the soils surrounding the piers or the future structure. Lateral support can be easily attained through several methods as described in “TMP AK Lateral Bracing Options” information sheet
- All needed permits for the project (if applicable). TMP AK will provide you with the information for permit submittal with MOA or Building Department before the project starts if needed. We highly suggest speaking with us before submitting for MOA/Building Department permits as we may likely save you time and money. Please provide TMP AK the approved permit for review when scheduling the job.
- Site preparation completed before our arrival. Site should be clear and open. This includes but is not limited to removal of any trees, brush piles and/or other surface obstructions that would interfere with pier installation, including surface water or frozen soil. This also includes lumber drops, trash piles and small obstructions such as pet waste and nails.
- Accessibility of TMP installation equipment to the site location. TMP AK must be notified before installation if work site is more than 150’ from access for our truck/trailer. A clear path must be provided from street to work area. This includes snow, mud, curbs and access for our trucks and trailer. If excessive mud or other debris is present, TMP AK may charge and additional $50-$200 based on site conditions.
- All layout and height benchmarks for the pier locations are determined prior to our arrival on the jobsite. Please mark pier location to “center of pier” and confirm that the desired pile locations are not in conflict with marked utilities (30”). A batter board layout is preferred for more complex layouts and strings should be offset at least 6” from center of pier. There is an extra charge to have TMP AK do the layout.
- All inspections; including any and all as required by city building departments, code, bank or engineers.
- General job site security and safety. The site should be made safe for equipment access and employees should be able to complete their work in a safe environment.
- TMP AK reserves the right to not provided welding on sites during high fire danger or if site is not suitable for welding. The customer will then be responsible to provide and install mechanical attachment between the piers and brackets. TMP AK can return at a later date to weld for additional fees.
Customer acknowledges that TMP AK’s work entails drilling deep below the surface of the ground and the Customer hereby accepts their duty to ensure all service utilities (including but not limited to: electric, gas, water, phone, cable and sewer) are correctly located and clearly marked on job site prior to commencement of work.
TMP AK is ultimately responsible to call for utility locates before the project begins. TMP AK must be provided accurate and complete information on its “Installation Request Form” to successfully do that. If TMP AK is not given the accurate information to call for utility locates, the job may be rescheduled and rescheduling fees will apply.
TMP AK requires that the Customer calls 811 for utility locates during the planning phase of the work to ensure that any utility conflicts are resolved before TMP AK arrives to complete the project. When calling 811 inform dispatch operator that you are calling “for project feasibility / planning purposes”. Please make sure that the desired pile locations are a minimum of 30” from all marked utilities.
Customer agrees to assume sole and absolute liability for any damage, loss or harm that may result from incorrectly or inadequately marked utilities and further covenants with the contractor to indemnify and save him harmless from all liability, damages, costs and suits or actions of any nature whatsoever suffered by or claimed against the TMP AK which may result from his work having caused damage to service utilities and/or harm to persons or property due to Customer’s breach of duty to have service utilities marked on the job site.
The Anchorage Water and Wastewater Utility (or other utilities) will not come out and physically locate water or sewer lines. AWWU may provide you (upon request) a copy of the ‘as built’ showing approximate locations of water and sewer utilities, by emailing AWWU, “Connect Cards” can be requested by emailing AWWUFieldServices@awwu.biz. Other utilities may handle water and sewer locates differently.
It is the customer’s responsibility to determine the locations of these by the drawings or hiring an independent locating service prior to our work commencing. If (at the time of installation) the customer removes piers from the scheduled work because of utility conflicts, TMP AK reserves the right to charge a minimum of $50 per removed pile to cover mobilization costs and scheduling changes.
Customer acknowledges that TMP AK does not hold expertise in engineering and/or building design. TMP AK may offer advice or assistance on pile location and loads per pile; but this advice is not a substitute for professional engineering services. TMP AK will be able to validate and communicate bearing load values at the time of installation, but TMP AK will never know or predict lateral loading conditions on any installed pile. The customer recognizes and accepts that lateral stability of the pile is a direct result of soil conditions and building construction. Customer agrees to address and plan for lateral strength of the structure in their plans. TMP AK can offer lateral bracing and pile solutions at an additional cost as directed by the customer.
TMP AK’s pricing model is based on installation performed under normal site and soil conditions. We reserve the right to stop work if unforeseen conditions are encountered during work and work shall not resume until and unless the parties agree to additional terms. We reserve the right to (a) charge a rescheduling fee of $250 if we must leave an unprepared jobsite or (b) charge a delay fee “waiting time” ($75.00 PHR) or (c) to revert to our retail pricing if the jobsite is not ready (as detailed above) for our installers when we arrive. This is determined wholly on our discretion and this agreement, based on the ability of our installers to commence work immediately upon arrival to the Customer’s job site. The installer’s work should be able to be completed non-stop free of interruptions, stoppages, and delays.
General Conditions / Expectations for Work Site
- TMP AK’s agreement assumes normal soil and drilling conditions as described in the project soils report or information and does not include any jackhammering, excavation, drilling and/or pinning to rock.
- TMP AK does everything possible to get each pile with in 1” of the layout. The Owner accepts that site and soil conditions may not allow for exact placement of each pier. TMP AK will communicate to and work with the Owner when obstructions prevent piles from being 1” with in layout.
- TMP AK will cut the piles to a specified height provided that the height is more than 6” above existing grade and defined by the Customer at the start of installation. TMP AK’s goal is to have all similar height piles to be within 3/8” (in either direction) of each other. Due to field cutting, welding, differing brackets and site conditions; the Customer should expect slight variances in final elevations.
- Frozen soils may require thawing. TMP AK has the ability to thaw most soils up to 24” depths for no additional charge. The Customer must notify TMP AK if frozen soils are present when scheduling the work, as TMP AK cannot thaw overly rocky soils or fill soils containing “pit run”.
- TMP AK’s pricing and agreement does not include the removal of any obstructions (rocks, stumps, buried debris) that would interfere with the installation of the Techno Metal Post at any depth. Customer should mark all piles with a driven stake to potentially identify shallow obstructions.
- TMP AK will provide and install frost protectant sleeves around each helical pier immediately below grade as allowed by site and soil conditions.
- TMP AK will provide as part of its base pricing any in-stock standard bracket.
- P2 pier in-stock brackets include a “fixed” or “adjustable” bracket with a U shaped cap to accept either 3.5” or 5.5” lumber. These brackets are affixed by a ‘set screw’ or are gravity mounted.
- P3 and larger in-stock brackets include a “fixed” U shaped bracket to accept either 3.5” or 5.5” lumber. These brackets are designated “Alaska Head #1, Alaska Head #5 or other variations of the Alaska Head series.
- P3 and larger brackets can be welded at the time of installation. A welded in-stock bracket includes a total 2” bead between the bracket and pile. If a complete weld is required, the remaining weld is completed at $150 phr. A separate welding trip fee of $200 is charged if the Customer requires a return trip for bracket welding.
- Maximum ground slopes less than or equal to 20% (11.3°) grade. Any excess ground slopes may incur additional charges and TMP AK should be notified when scheduling the work and photos should be sent of the slope.
- Normal site access. Any costs associated with accessing the site such as ramping or mechanical lifting of the Techno Metal Post drill rig to gain access to the site will be supplied and paid for by the Customer. If these conditions exist, TMP AK should be notified in advance.
- TMP AK can provide small ramps to access locations lower than 30” for a $50 fee if notified in advance and a photo of the job site is provided.
- TMP AK can provide larger 14’ ramps to access locations higher than 30” above grade. There is a $250 charge for this additional labor in accessing the job site.
- TMP AK can provide a mobile platform that the small installation machine may utilize for accessing pile locations on steep hills or otherwise inaccessible areas for a $500 fee. If the platform is utilized in more than 1 place on the jobsite, additional fees may be incurred.
- Working on or near existing structures. The Customer must ensure the existing structure/deck is suitable to hold the weight of the installation machine and withstand the movements from the installation. Inadequate structures will require approved bracing before the equipment is put on them. When working under overhead obstructions TMP AK requires a minimum 8’ clearance unless notified ahead of installation. Please notify and discuss any work on/near existing structures when scheduling the work. TMP AK charges a minimum $250 fee when working on, inside of or through existing structures as the work often requires more installation time and personnel to complete the work. When working in close proximity to existing structures, the Customer accepts the risk that TMP’s equipment may make contact and damage existing structures. TMP AK is not liable for damage when installing close to existing structures.
- The customer is also responsible for confirming that their desired pier locations do not conflict with utility locations and maintain all utility markings for the TMP installer to view; photographs showing “no utilities” markings are acceptable. If markings are disturbed or covered by snow, TMP AK reserves the right to cancel and re-schedule the work. If pile locations are not clear of utility locates TMP AK reserves the right to reschedule the work and charge a separate trip fee of $250.
- If installation will occur above an existing driveway or other areas that may include rock fill, TMP AK must be notified when scheduling the work. This includes frozen rock in clay. If asphalt is present, TMP AK may be able to cut that asphalt if notified in advance.
- For sites where the Techno Metal Posts cannot be installed due to bedrock, shale, hardpan, boulders, or other obstructions that have not been identified in the project soils report or are unknown to exist; a lump sum cost for mobilization and demobilization will be charged at an agreed upon price between TMP AK and the Customer; but at a minimum of $250.00.
TMP AK’s Retail Pricing information is attached to this document and online. TMP AK will extend a $50 per pile “contractors discount” on the P2 piles provided 3 or more are installed at the same job. All discounts offered are contingent on all the terms of this agreement being met.
If required, TMP AK will issue a signed waiver of lien or bond rights only after final payment has been received.
- Deposits may be required for larger jobs of 10 or more piles, travel, engineering and special order or shipping of materials.
- TMP AK extends a ‘NET 15’ payment term from the date of invoice for our contractor customers. TMP AK is a not a bank, we operate on cash just like every business and rely on prompt payment to purchase materials and pay our employees. Payments received after 15 days of invoicing will be considered late and TMP AK will void any contractor’s discount and revert to our regular retail pricing.
- TMP AK does not accept credit card payments when offering contractor discounts, credit cards may be used with one of our accepted online payment platforms.
- TMP AK requires all balances to be paid by the Customer and should not be paid by any of the Customer’s clients or employees. Any payment received for the Customer’s work that is from another person will incur a $50 administrative fee and a contract must be signed by the other party making the payment.
- If required, TMP AK will issue a signed waiver of lien or bond rights only after final payment has been received.
- Any additional costs incurred on the job will be invoiced after the work has been completed. Invoices are due upon receipt.
- Unpaid balances of 30 days will be charged a onetime late $200 late fee (in addition to the revocation of any discounts) and may be subject to a 3% monthly finance charge 30 days from invoice date. TMP AK reserves the right to file liens for non-payment at any time and bill Customer for any costs involved in receiving payment.
- The Customer will be liable for “full and reasonable attorney’s fees should a collection suit or other action be found necessary”. The prevailing party in any litigation arising from this agreement shall have the right to collect from the other party its reasonable costs, necessary disbursements, and attorneys; fees incurred in enforcing this agreement.
- TMP AK shall be held harmless from any liability and assumes no responsibility for damages due to zoning infringements, easements, setbacks, covenants, or any other site/building requirements. Customer is responsible for contacting utilities, local, state, or federal agencies before work is scheduled if required.
- The Customer acknowledges that TMP AK does not hold expertise in engineering and/or building design. TMP AK may offer advice or assistance on pier locations and loads, but this advice is not a substitute for professional engineering services.
- If TMP AK is working on, in or near any structures, the Customer assumes full liability for any damage of the structures incurred when completing our installation. When installing near walls, windows, wood posts or other structures the Customer should assume and prepare for some contact between the installation machine and the structure. TMP AK will put the piers as close as possible to existing structures provided, they are protected by the Customer before arriving. If our equipment is entering the work site through doors, gates, or other openings, it is the Customer’s responsibility to protect these openings.
- Upon completion the Customer must verify and accept the positioning of the installed piers and brackets before the installer leaves the jobsite. During the installation the installer will contact the Customer if any post is +1.5” off layout (in any direction) and work with the Customer on a remedy. TMP AK will cut piers within 1/4” of provided height benchmark. If the Customer is not present at completion of the work to approve the pier positioning, by default, they accept pier locations. TMP AK assumes no liability on pier positioning solely based off markings on the ground.
- The Customer must maintain a minimum clearance of 6” between posts or beams to protect the structure from coming into contact with expanding soils during winter. Any connections between the ground and structures supported by our piers must be designed in a way that the heaving soils do not affect the piles. Deck stairs that land on the ground need to be designed in a way that they can move freely with the heaving ground and not affect the structure that they are attached to. Typically hinges on deck stairs are not adequate in moderate frost susceptible soils.
- TMP AK reserves the right to make the final decision regarding the final depth of the posts based on the desired bearing/structure requirements by adding extensions and installing into deeper soils. The Customer understands that the extensions used below grade or above grade are provided at an additional cost:
- P2 – $30 per lineal foot used – minimum 2 FT ($60) per welded union.
- P3 – $40 per lineal foot used – minimum 2 FT ($80) per welded union.
- P4 – $50 per lineal foot used – minimum 2 FT ($100) per welded union.
South Central Fairbanks / South East
P1 – $300 EA** P1 – not available
P2 – $350 EA P2 – $450
P3 – $500 EA P3 – $550
P4 – $600 EA P4 – $650
P5 – $700 EA P5 – $750
P6 and P8 – call for quote
*see full pricing sheet for all pricing information.
**discontinued except in some areas near Homer while supplies last
If required, an additional cost will be incurred for the following:
- Additional bonding
- Naming of any additional insured on all TMP AK insurance policies, or a waiver of subrogation
By typing your name, you are signing this Agreement electronically. You agree your electronic signature is the legal equivalent of your manual signature on this Agreement. By typing your name you consent to be legally bound by this Agreement’s terms and conditions. You further agree that your use of a key pad, mouse or other device to select an item, button, icon or similar act/action, or to otherwise provide TMP Alaska or in accessing or making any transaction regarding any agreement, acknowledgement, consent terms, disclosures or conditions constitutes your signature (hereafter referred to as “E-Signature”), acceptance and agreement as if actually signed by you in writing. You also agree that no certification authority or other third party verification is necessary to validate your E-Signature and that the lack of such certification or third party verification will not in any way affect the enforceability of your E-Signature or any resulting contract between you and TMP Alaska. You also represent that you are authorized to enter into this Agreement for all persons who own or are authorized to access any of your accounts and that such persons will be bound by the terms of this Agreement. You further agree that each use of your E-Signature in obtaining a TMP Alaska service constitutes your agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of TMP Alaska.